Tuesday, June 21, 2022

It takes a village


 Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balance and teach and grow and strengthen. I’ve been able to meet people from across the pond and land and work on a greater goal. More than anything I could accomplish alone. Today, I was reminded that sometimes it takes a village for the adults as well. I was gifted more gifts today than I’ve received in the past three years and as I saw them on my table, I was reminded, it’s ok to live in the village. As I walked through the field and pulled up a lawn chair to watch the sunset with my village people, I thought, wouldn’t this be a great way to end every day? My heart waits for the day when we all live together in our village. Some fish, some cook, some clean, some entertain, some organize and some care. Thanks Ethan Kafton, for gifting me your plate. Now I won’t have to order chicken nuggets just for the frisbee. Thanks Jill Rasmussen for some Aggie swag, I bleed blue because of you. Thanks Matt Israelsen for noodle dinner in between work and religious duties. Thanks Hilary Groutage for making me smile and now I have an official pack to take to weekend brunch at Ruth’s. Thanks Rick Weible for a beauty of a trout, cleaned and refrigerated and I didn’t have to do anything for it. My village is feeling pretty amazing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...