Friday, December 19, 2008

Here we come a caroling



The days are becoming longer due to our celebration of Solstice yesterday. There are also only a small number of days left before the big hallabaloo is all over and we will sit back and ask ourselves what was all the fuss and the worry. Before it is all over I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas.

Wouldn't it be great if we could travel around to all of our loved ones homes and carol? I think it would. That is one of my favorite childhood memories. I loved waiting Christmas Eve for the Kimbers to come. We could hear them at the end of the sidewalk and as they got closer to the door we would all go into the kitchen, open the front door and listen to a few tunes.

It was usually cold or sometimes a blizzard, you know the Cache Valley kind of winters. They never missed a year!

Mom would have a treat or something warm for them and they always had a plate of goodies for us. Dad always got turtles. The best in the world.

Well if it were possible I would love coming by all of your houses Christmas eve and singing tunes for you too. I find it impossible to cover all of the area we need to, so instead I have created a Christmas play list (and enclosed a photo of us with our back up carolers) with a few good tunes. Just imagine John and I singing to you and Have yourself a Very Merry Christmas NOW!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey,that is a nice coat Gene! We've been waiting for the Masa Stewart post

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can sing Christmas carols to us in Lava after a couple of drinks ! I'm going to steal the Christmas Family song and put it on my blog too. Hopefully after we get back from Lava I will have some time to update ny blog.

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...