Thursday, August 26, 2010

Damn, I didn't get all of the summer projects done

and the sun is quickly setting further south. I noticed today that the shadows that were only half of the yard are now the full width of the yard. That only means one thing...Summer is ending and fall is near. I love this time of year because it is so fun to anticipate the leaves and the colors that will cover this big earth. I also like that my body temperature is more easily regulated once the temperatures start dropping. Saturdays will soon be filled with raking leaves and uncovering the pile of compost that has been decaying all summer. Soon the end of yard work as we know it will be over. We won't need to mow or water. The smell of earth as it cools is one of my favorite. I love that in the mornings I feel the need to put on a fleece and that I want to snuggle down into bed. That is not something that comes easy to me but on a cool morning those snuggles feel soooooo good. Here's to a great fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...