Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deck the house with lots of jolly

Here it is. Shots of our 2010 Christmas house. These are at least my favorite parts. Because I did the decorating this year I only put out my favorites. I guess that's fitting because we are having a back to basics Christmas this year. Focusing on what is important. Don't worry we have filled up the calendar with what we want to do this year and we have left a few spots for new things to try for added Christmas Cheer. With that said we are reflecting on what the season is all about and trying not to get so wrapped up in the commercial side of Christmas. So sit back and enjoy your virtual tour of the Garcia's house....



Don't feel left out. We start the month off right. Adorning our table with our favorite place mats.

Our card basket always starts the month off with these two cards on top. They are the last Christmas card I got from my mom in 2006. They always start on top just like I just opened the mail. It's always fun to break out the decorations and find these two cards waiting for me.

The top shelf is the angel and creche' shelf and the middle is the continuation of the village. It out grew the mantel last year.


Here it is. The Christmas Village. I usually put this out at Thanksgiving time but I was a bit slow this year. Next year the village may take over the buffet for the season.



Here are the two Christmas trees. This real tree is the most beautiful tree I have ever had. Maybe John had better be in charge of choosing them from now on. We contemplated the artificial tree this year after going out on a cold day to choose our tree, but once we got it home and inside and smell it as soon as we come home, I threw that idea out the window at least for one more year. The second tree is our palm tree in the corner with multi colored lights on it. When we lived in St. George the first two years this was our tree because it was fitting for the area.



And of course you can't forget the mistletoe. Christmas wouldn't be complete with out it.
Merry Christmas to you all. This has been a great year and we are anxiously awaiting 2011.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...