Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Where did Summer go?

I just logged on and see that I have only blogged a few of the summer events.  I just don't understand how the summer seems to be over.  It feels like it just began.  Only yesterday we were counting down days to Memorial Day.  Now, here we are planning Thanksgiving.  Both of which are mile markers to any year.   I will try to fill in the blanks before the end of Fall but today I can't help tell you about the turning leaves. I sat out on my porch tonight while my plants had a little drink and there are plenty of colored leaves up there.  Last week prior to our trip to California there were not any leaves turning that we could see from home.  Now the mountain is littered with them.  Before you know it Old Man Winter will be here and it will start all over again.  "To everything there is a season."  I can't decide what my favorite is.  I like them all for reasons all of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...