Monday, May 24, 2010

Look what we lost when you left this world


There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you. You were a very big influence in my life. Every day I find things that make me think of you. Sometimes I just stand outside under my pine tree and think of making a hut or quilting a quilt. I know that I could still get away with laying underneath the quilt watching busy hands. I could probably entertain the "grands" under there too. My favorite dinners to eat are all things that make me think of you. Thursday's will never be the same again. Once in a while I think about things you would tell me or wonder about what we would talk about. A can of kippered snacks and crackers by the dam are a great way to kick in the memories. Even just grabbing a sandwich and going for a ride makes me think of you. So much has changed in three years. Each year I think things will get easier but they don't. Some things are harder and make me want you more. When you were here and planning and organizing EVERYTHING we didn't know just how much work you put into things and made them look like they were just happening. We are trying to learn to pull things off like you did them but we always seem to leave some important detail out. When I grow up....I will be able to do it all just like you. Each day is spent trying to learn and grow so that some day, some how, I can be just like you. I miss you and think of you often. You will never be forgotten. You left a big stamp all over this world. Love you

1 comment:

  1. What a tender post. She was amazing. I was reading my Grandma's history this weekend and my favorite story is when thier engagement pictures were in the paper and everyone said they looked so different...when in truth both pictures were your mom.:)

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...