Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cheaper by the Dozen


When I was a little girl and growing up I had a cousin a few years older than me. We would ride our bikes up to the old barn and play on the tractors. We would dream of how our lives would be when we grew up. I always remember her telling me that she would get married and have 12 children. I only remember this because I thought that she was crazy. I came from a family of 7 and that was a lot I couldn't even wrap my brain around 12. I don't really remember how I planned my life to be I knew I wanted twins and I think it was 4 kids. Some girls some boys and for sure a red head. We thought we would live close to each other and that our children would grow up together. Funny how you think you are in charge of your life at certain parts.


Sunday we had a chance to see each other and visit. Life changes, you realize that the things you dream and the things that happen are not always the same. Things you want really bad never happen and things you thing you can't live through do. You make it and never really take time to look back and remember how much you thought it would never happen.

She has three cute little boys and now has a little girl. Much like the family her dad and mom got to raise.



It was a lot of fun to visit and get reacquainted. Some things in life change but there are a few things that stay the same
FAMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...