Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gene's genes



This past weekend Paige, Lori and I got together to have a quilting fest. Ok, I know that sounds a little out of my league but Paige and Lori are all over the sewing aspects of our genes so I tagged along. In planning the trip we talkied about how much fun sewing our quilt tops would be and how cute the jelly rolls are. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun.

I guess in my small mind, my idea of sewing a whole project in one weekend consists of a shirt that took three hours tops. I had no idea that one or three of us could sew for 72 hours non stop. That may be egxaderating a little but not to much. We would sit at the machines and feed cloth threw until our backs ached and our hands were numb. We did get a little R&R after the sewing hours and sitting in the spa. Early in the mornings I would hear the other two planning their sewing day anxiously waiting for me to awake so the machines could be brought out.


I learned a few things this weekend.

1: Do not try to sew a complete quilt top in one weekend.

2: I did not get the genes that think that sewing is fun and relaxing.

3: If you do plan another activity like this plan on eating out every dinner and fix quick lunches so you don't have to waist time fixing lunch.

4: It is a lot of fun to spend a long weekend with SISTERS no matter what activity you do.
For the most part I stayed with sewing. I did howver take the most breaks out of the three of us. Stay tuned to see the rest of the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...