Friday, November 18, 2011

ThanksGiving

We have been working hard to Give to people this season.  Giving doesn't always have to be something that is worth money.  Yesterday I was shopping and the lady in back of me only had two items.  I had a cart of groceries and invited her to go in front of me.  Really you would have thought I gave her $100.  She thanked me three times and wished me a good day.  With out that little gesture, I am sure we wouldn't have exchanged any words.  Also, this week I traded job assignments with one of my co workers so she could run get lunch.  I had a few extra minutes and she was working in the office alone.  She also thanked me for letting her grab lunch.  Last week in church we were talking about giving charity.  My Mom was a great example of this.  She would do what ever she could to help or give charity to others.  She didn't have a lot of money to give but she made things happen.  Today I will try to find small ways to help others.  You should try it out.  It will make you feel better about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...