Friday, March 6, 2009

Dinner with the sister wives


Tonight was family night. We planned on Tuesday that we would all meet for dinner today. You know what happens...Life. Friday got busy. By 4:00pm John thought he would birth another kidney stone. It's like a litter of them now. I used to teas him about putting the stones he collected on our outings in a head stone. Now I have a whole other pile to add to the collection. So, he got in bed at 5:00pm and that is where he still is. At 6:00pm he asked for some diet root beer. No dinner because his stomach was really upset. That usually happens right before the "pea" is born.
So I went to buy root beer and some other stuff. Alisa called to make sure we were on for dinner. I met Alisa, Jamie, Janetta, Cindy and Jenna (AKA the sister wives) for dinner. We were laughing and having a good time. The waiter of the table next to us had to cut his table off from the bar because they had already had their two drinks prior to eating.
I guess that is some "wives" tale that was started by a few of our trusty law makers. If you eat food while consuming alcohol you don't drink as much and therefore are less intoxicated. Who ever heard of such a thing. I will post some photos soon that will prove that eating while drinking has no effect on your intoxicated state.
Anywho, our cute waitress was wishing that it would be that easy to put a damper on our party, But no one was drinking anything but water or diet soda. While we were laughing and teasing we helped Janetta solve her piano issue. Here's how it all started.

J: "I think I will start paining the front room. I will just paint around the piano because the wheels are broken and we can't move it"

Everyone: (start laughing) "That's a great idea. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Jenna: Maybe you can stuff the paint brush around the edge of the piano.

J: " I have a great idea. We can get a crowbar and jack the piano high enough to put something under it to move it."

Cindy: "I think I will be far away tomorrow. Maybe St. George or something like that.

After much laughter and teasing the party was over. We stood outside visiting until it was to cold to enjoy ourselves anymore.

All of the wives send their love home to John. Dinner just isn't the same with out him. We love you Janetta. We will help you how ever you want to move the PIANO:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...