Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!!



Four or five yeas ago we had a great birthday celecration. We celebrated in just about every way. Mom got to be qween for the day. It was a lot of fun. The grandkids had a blast during a scavenger hunt and the weather was nice enough to enjoy some of the day outside.
I don't think a day goes by that I don't in one form or another think about my mom. I keep a picture of her with her crown on my fridge to remind me of the great last party we got to have.
One of the most frustrating parts of her not still being here with us it that there is a lot going on that I would like to share with her. It just isn't the same when you can't call her up or go visit with her. Dad does a great job at listening but the "MOM" view point is gone.
Even though she was very sick for the last part of her life, she kept a great attitude and loved doing everything she could. She was a good sport about having us all over to visit even when she was tired. She would sit at the table wiht us even though there was no desire to even taste any food. She even let me get into her bed and lay next to her after I had been up the canyon and I smelled like a fire. She just laughed about it and told me I was her little smoke stack.
She taught everyone she was around one thing or another. Sometimes she did it with out knowing she was doing it. All of her kids will never forget having a fresh loaf of bread to eat, or Canning anything she could get her hands on. She could fix anything. She was always willing to do anything. If someone needed something they could just ask LaRee. Some day I want to be just like her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! We miss you. I'll love you for always. XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...