Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!!!


Today John's mom has a BIRTHDAY!!! How fun it is to have a Cinco de Mayo birthday. I am so glad that I have been able to get to know Julia. She is so funny and can always make me laugh. One of my favorite things to do is go for a ride. They guys always get the front and we have the time of our lives in the back. I have gotten the scoop on many good stories about lot of different things. She always has an ear when I need to talk. I was very worried a few years ago when I lost my mom because I thought that I would never have a mom again. Little did I know that just because my mom isn't here, Julia couldn't act just like her in a "crisis" time for me. I love taking road trips and going out to try new things. One of my favorite memories was going to Longmont for a wedding. It was one of our first trips together. I had to work grave the night before we left for a very long car ride. When we got on the road I was tired. I tried to nap a bit on the way but it was really hard. When we got to Colorado, we went out for dinner at Village Inn. Never mind that I was so tired I was punch drunk but it seemed that everything that could happen that could even be remotely funny did. We sat at dinner and laughed the whole time we ate. When we got back to the hotel I asked John if his parents thought I was crazy. He reassured me that it was ok, that they likes me and they would still like me in the morning. They STILL like me and we love to spend time together often. If we go for a week with out seeing them I feel that a little piece of me is missing. Happy Birthday MOM!!! xoxox Love you Mandy & Gene

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Grandma Garcia Love Lena

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...