Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's not as bad as it looks

John was leaving for work the other day. I was working in the kitchen and as he left happened to wander into the bedroom. There I noticed his pager and cell phone laying on the bed. Knowing that being with out the phone feels a lot like leaving the house with out pants on I grabbed the phone and pager and ran out of the house trying to catch him before he left the driveway. I had a pretty good chance because he had only been gone a few seconds and he would shut the gate after he left....right? Well mush to my dismay he was parked on the street so I reached him just as he was looking over his left shoulder and pulling into the street. No sweat, I thought. There is a stop sign at the corner and 24th street is a busy road so I still have a chance. I started running toward the corner. John got to the corner first. He must have learned to drive in California. I started to yell at him at the top of my lungs. Now I start to notice that the neighbors are all out side watching me. I must look a little funny. I don't have shoes on, I left the front door open, Rex is following me wondering what is going on, I am screaming and the top of my lungs and holding the phone up in the air like he will see it. As I round the corner I can still see him. For a minute it looks like he is slowing down. I again start running like I am in the Wellsville Mile in 5th grade:) As he gets two blocks a head of me I give up and call him to let him know I have his phone. Fat lot of good that does me. My pocket starts ringing. I head home trying not to make eye contact with the neighbors. All of this because the cell phone was left on the bed. Why can't we survive with out them????? There won't be any photos in this blog...THANK GOODNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...