Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting an Education

I know I made it through high school. I know I learned a lot of really important information while I was there. Today I was stumped by the senior homework. Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendments. These are really important parts of our country, but not things I look at read or even think about each day. So being asked what the 24th amendment means stumped me. Needless to say I was glad that I knew how to google. We made it through. We even got Ryan schooled up on roman numerals and the months of the year. He taught us shop safety and colors of signs and what OHSA means. Then we learned a little 1st year Spanish with Lena. I can count and know a few things. My German came back to me a bit during the whole thing. Good thing no one had math home work because I would have cried and called Grampa Gene for the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...