Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Run Megan, Run


I loved that movie but today I got to see running at it's finest. Megan had a cross country race in Mantua so we loaded up and headed the canyon and watched her run. It was a beautiful drive through the canyon. the leaves are turning and fall is here. The sun is getting further and further South.




Twenty two minutes is a long time to stand over looking a dry field and nice fall leaves so I took a few pictures and again wished I had my camera with me. Then the action starts the runners are heading up the hill toward triangle park. Next, around the block and into the finish line.



Megan came in fifth runner from Box Elder. She looked good until I go a close look. She was shaking and looked like she was in pain. I got a sick feeling. This week she was not feeling well. She has been a little congested but she did run and said it felt ok. I met her at the end of the finish line handed her water to her and she grabbed me and wrapped her arms around me. She was a little shaky and she said she felt like she was dying. "Oh, great. Leave me in charge of your children and I will allow them to have a heart attack or an asthma attack" After a minute she got her breath and started explaining how this race felt different. When she started she didn't feel like she was running and how coming out of the camp ground felt like she was getting tired. I told her she did great and to take it easy for a minute (remember, I am not the runner. I hate it actually. Volleyball ok, I can dig. Run, no thanks) After the boys race we were waiting for times. Megan said she felt slow today but she was still near the first finishers. Megan's friend Spencer came over to let her know her time was 22:07.

Wow, that is a person record for Megan. She got so excited and suddenly all of the hurt and the end of the race was worth it. I even got so excited I wanted to run. A PR, that means improvement and who wouldn't want to celebrate with improvement on HOME COMING WEEK!!




Way to go Megan! You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...