Thursday, January 27, 2011

Family, it's everything

I am lucky in this department. God loved me so much he gave me a great family to grow up in. It was not always perfect. In fact, I don't think it ever was but that doesn't mean we didn't have a great time growing up. Some of us grew up together, some of us grew us alone. Now as adults we all have some sort of relationship with each other. On a daily basis I get to see dis functional families. Not all of them are but more than I ever thought have some sort of dis function. I guess mine does too I just don't see it that way.
Well, as the story goes you grow up and start your own family. Some people do this by marrying at age 21 having children. Some of us do this by marrying into a wonderful family and acquiring 4 wonderful sons.
I again got lucky.
Tonight I was reminded that I have a wonderful family. I got to spend the night with my in laws and April and her in laws. It seems that she may be as lucky as I am and marry into a family as wonderful as her own.
Not everyone is so lucky and I am grateful that both of my families are just right just the way they are. Nothing in life is perfect but for the most part FAMILY is perfect in my world. Thanks to all of you who are my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...