Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What has happened in January?

NOTHING. I sat down tonight thinking that it would be nice to update the blog and there are no new photos. I do have some crazy ones from New Years but they were not really what I had in mind. SO, I am left to explain my day. Today I had to go to two meetings. When I awoke this morning my wonderful husband called and said he was going to run by and check on his parents. That is a beautiful part of him heading home at 7:00am only a few of us crazy's are up at that hour and only two of them welcome visitors. He warned me that it was cold out side and I should dress warm. Those are some of my favorite words. I have a norwegian sweater that is so warm I can only wear it on really cold days. Most of the year is sits in the closet because it raerly gets taht cold. Today was the day. I put on thermals, my sweater and slacks, wool socks and the warmest, hand made hat. You see my husband likes to knit. Because I have a rather small head and he has what we call a Garcia Grande we rarely are able to fit hats so when he makes me one that fits I concider myself lucky. Today was that lucky day. I headed out into the cold and got my hand stuck on the gate. I did find his new Christmas gloves that he lost but I didn't remember to put mine on. Once out in the day I realized I may be a little over dressed but nothing a quick trip into a restroom to shed a layer won't fix. And then, the light abouve my head clicks on. Other than needing to be slathered in eucerin cream to keep the exama away, I was built to live in a cold place that I can layer and enjoy. Come July and August I will be complaining that I can not take off enough to keep myself cool but as for January, I can always add a bit more and stay warm. So here's to you all you fair weather frineds...I am sorry you may be cold but I had one nice and toast Norweigian Day today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...