Friday, February 18, 2011

Goals, goals, goals

In the class that we are taking we have to make weekly action plans. This was really hard the first week because I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I did know things that I needed to get done but I had a rather hard time coming up with things that I wanted to do. The next week was better and I learned that I set the bar really high for myself. This week has been perfect. I made it a point to take 10 minutes daily for myself. I do something that I want to. That could be read, crochet, sing, or just plain do nothing. 10 minutes is a long time when you have to do something but it doesn't seem that long when I want to do the thing I am working on. Yesterday I didn't think I was going to find 10 minutes in my day. It was one of those days that things just kept coming and piling up all around me. I finally fit it in right near 10:45pm. (I guess I could count my sleep time.) Today I broke my day into two parts. It was a much nicer day and I did get a little more me time and felt like I was not going to break. Maybe next week I'll go for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...