Monday, February 21, 2011

Send in a real big storm

That is what we have been waiting for all winter. We just hoping for the same amount that we had in 2008. That year it seemed to pile right up to our windows. Well, we have not seen anything like that but this weekend made it feel like it was possible. Saturday morning started out rough and by seven that evening all I wanted to do was watch a movie that would make me laugh. My wonderful husband found the perfect movie and so we headed out to see it. When we walked out side of the theater...there was a good two inches of really heavy, wet snow on the ground. We came home and talked about shoveling but it was close to 10:30pm and I said, "I'll do it tomorrow." That phrase is becoming more popular and you would think by now I would know that there is always a crisis on tomorrow. Sunday I woke up early and looked out side. There it was 6 inches of beautiful white snow on the ground. I had a grand idea and figured it was still early enough that I could play in the snow in the front yard and not be seen by any one. I broke out the snow pants and a warm shirt and vest and headed out to play. After I had lost myself in my snow man and snow angel making I heard the neighbor Sam. He stepped out on his porch chuckleing to himself. I stopped in my tracks looked up and laughed. He told me I really was a kid at heart and then left the whole driveway full of snow so I could build the middle section. It started to snow again and Sam wished me well and went inside until it stopped snowing. I stayed out side and played. I even built a snow dog. If you look really close you can see her. Bella wanted to come out front with me and help but when I let her out in the front yard she knocked over Mr. Snowman. After having to rebuild him a time or two I put her in back. So here he is....




Here is the snow dog. Like her tail and ears. After a few minutes of new snow falling her details were hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...