Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beans, beans the magical fruit

Two sisters happy to can together. Canning alone does not make you smile like this.


Beauties just out of the pressure cooker.


We canned them so we don't have to spend so much time soaking them when we want a good meal of beans. It was a lot of fun and canning in the garage on a camp chef just whets your appetite for camping season. It was a lot of fun. The worst part was waiting for the darn things to cook for 75 minutes. Oh, it may have been bad when I was lifting one out of the cooker and it hissed and spit at me. That made me cuss and say bad words. I am sure my mom was smiling at that exact moments. Here are a few photos of our canning day...

Finishes washed and ready to put away. That is the hard part putting it all away.


White beans, red beans black beans, brown beans...we didn't miss any of them


Amazing what 2/3 cup beans and some water turn into after 75 minutes at 12 pounds of pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...