Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Irish eye's are smiling

Thursday is my Moms BIRTHDAY! You can bet we would be celebrating the Irish way with her. Sometimes that had a bit of a Mexican flare, or German flare, or Swiss flare well pretty much you could count on pork and cabbage but you never knew what else it would mean. One thing for certain....You would be eating a lot of green stuff today. My mom would always talk about how her mom would make cupcakes and bring Pineapple ice cream to school to celebrate "the twin's" birthday's. She was LUCKY, if I had to share my birthday with anyone Aunt LaRue was a great pick. When I was a small girl I could get them confused pretty easily. Not that they were exact but sometimes you just couldn't tell with out a double take. I got older and it got better but then my mom got sick. One year she was in the hospital for Thanksgiving. That was the holiday we spent with her two wonderful sisters. Aunt LaRue was in the back of the chapel and I saw her out of the corner of my eye and started running up to hug my mom. About half way there I realized that my mom really was not there. I changed my direction and headed to the bathroom to make my eyes stop sweating. That day I realized that some day my mom would be gone and I would still have my Aunt. Wondering if that would be hard or easy became a big dread. Know we know it isn't bad at all. Yes, sometimes my eyes still sweat and my voice shakes and my breathing becomes deep because she brings "MOM" memories back to me but over all she is just like having mom in a different kind of way. When we talk on the phone some times I forget that I am not talking to my mom. She keeps track of everything just like MOM. So Happy Birthday MOM and AUNT LARUE...Here's a scoop of pineapple ice cream and a cupcake just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...