Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Melba Lunch


Yesterday the girl cousins on my mom's side of the family went to lunch. It was a ton of fun. There are six girl cousins and we all managed to clear a lunch hour on the same day and meet at the same resturant all at the same time. That is a near miracal in my eyes.
We laughed and visited and had a nice time. It is nice to get together even if it is only a few times a year and spend a few hours re connecting. On the way home Paige and I were talking about how sometimes we loose sight of the fact that FAMILY is all you have when you come right down to it.
It is easy to get wrapped up in all of the things that you have to do, things you want, places to go, jobs to do, vacations to take, but then when you come right down to it FAMILY is it.
Grandpa was a great sport and took Savanah and Lena to lunch while the mom's were out to a party. They had so much fun and when the girls wanted to walk to the dam, Grandpa followed behind to keep tabs with the spotting scope. I wonder how many times he followed behind me with out me knowing just so I would be safe? :)
Sometimes you don't see eye to eye or even share the same desires in life. Deep down inside of you there is something that connects you maybe a "gene". Even if we only see each other once a year when we all get together there is something special about it.
I have the greatest FAMILY in the world!!! I got extra lucky and married into a FAMILY that is just like my own so I have double great FAMILY!!
Thanks Robyn, Karen, LuAnn, Paige and Lori for a great time at lunch. See you all in October if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...