Monday, April 20, 2009

We will MISS Elliot

My nephew Elliot has been living with us while he is attending Weber State. He moved down in August of last year so he could attend Weber State with out having to ride the bus each day. It has been a lot of fun having him here with us.

*Dinner is always a great conversation time
*I have learned a lot of information
*I always have help with the dishes
* He always helps put "repeats" in the fridge

* The garbage is never full and in need of emptying
* He is the best grocery runner ever, it saves me a few trips
* We love hearing about his weekends :)

* He is a great sport at going to family night with us

* He & Uncle John like to tease me about the prayer angel
* He shovels walks well and even enjoys throwing snowballs for Bella
* He can carry more groceries in from the car than I can

* He will split a box of mac and cheese with me and like it
* He should join my "no TV for the summer" because he wins hands down
* He is a very independent roommate
* I can "experiment" on dinner and he will always at least try it:)
* I don't have to pick up the mail or bring in the paper
* I now Facebook because of him
* He was a good sport about my holiday decorations
* Snowflake may follow him to Brigham because she will miss him being in the basement
* He can solve any problem I have or at least will give it a good thought
* He will be a great Missionary in a few months!!!
* Maybe he will serve in Ogden so he can stop in:)
* Some day I will get to tell his wife stories about him
* Some day he will be able to tell his kids a bout having to live with his crazy aunt and uncle during his Weber State career.


Elliot, Thanks for helping out and being the best roommate. We loved having you here. When you are out in the Mission Field we hope to have at least one letter and we will write to you often. I will even send photos and let you now about the baby. You make children look EASY!!! Good luck with the job hunt. You are always welcome here if your siblings have taken over your room:) Love Aunt Mandy & Uncle John

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mandy...this is the most awesome post I have ever read. I wish I would have met him. He sounds so awesome. It doesn't surprise me though. He has an awesome aunt and uncle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet aunt you are! I bet he loved staying with you guys. I love the pictures of him whhen he was little, I rememeber when he looked like that. What a cute boy.

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...