Friday, June 19, 2009

Dont' sweat the small stuff


Happy Fathers Day. This is one of my dad's famous lines. He never lets anything get the best of him. A few years ago we had a big birthday party for my dad and it was so fun to listen to everyone remembering the "geneisms" that they had heard. Since fathers day is on Sunday June 21st I thought it would be appropriate to list 21things I love about my dad:
1- He always has a joke up his sleeve
2- He does a great job at keeping track of what all of us are doing
3- He's pretty good for the shape he is in:)
4- He can always help me with my MATH homework
5- He loves a challenge
6- He knows all of the great fishing holes
7- He builds the best igloos
8- He can grow anything he wants. His watermelon and strawberries are my favs.
9- He will eat summer squash casserole until it is gone.
10- He loves my MOM
11- He gives great motorcycle rides
12- He will roller skate with you just for fun
13- He is always willing to help with a project
14- People love him for his sense of humor
15- He knows a lot of information, He reads and remembers!!
16- He loves the church
17- He will help anyone who is in need.
18- He hates being in debt. Cash only:)
19- He taught all of his children how to enjoy life
20- He loves to tinker. I learned how to fuselage the airplane with him
21- He thinks FAMILY is very important.

It was really hard to stop at 21. Thank goodness he has a birthday in a few weeks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...