Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day





I have the greatest father in law one could ever hope for. He is very kind and loves to tease. Thanks goodness he can take teases also. A few weeks ago we got to go on a road trip with him to his birth place. We had a blast and went sight seeing. We drove through a small town where he attended 7th grade. It was fun to hear stories and see beautiful country.

He is an amazing hiker and is willing to try anything except broccoli. We had a great time in Colorado a few years ago when we went on vacation and hiked through a bunch of different ruins. I thought it would be nice hiking at a slow pace but I was wrong. I had to run to keep up:)

He keeps telling us that we will miss him when he's gone. That is true! I even miss him if we don't see them each week.

He has to wait a few more weeks until he can enjoy the fathers day present because the baseball games don't start until the end of June. I can't wait until we can go to the ball park for a hot dog, garlic fries, beer, and of course a snow cone in the middle of the game.


Thanks you Albert for the wonderful memories you are making with us. We enjoy spending time with you.
Love Mandy and Gene.

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to enjoy your inlawa as much as you do. Actually, I think you would get along with anyone. That's just the kinda gal you are.

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...