Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Birthday POP!!


You look great for being 42 this year! Seems to me just a few years ago we celebrated a similar birthday??? How does that work. I need to figure it out soon. You still are pretty good for the shape you are in. The other day we were talking about what a great sense of humor you have. Life wouldn't be the same with out it. Even when life seems it can't get worse you seem to know how to lighten the day. Just last week you kept the "professionals for seniors" group laughing. Anything for a laugh. I remember one day after mom had her hip replaced we were all in Macey's shopping and she was driving her cart and we were walking behind her. I guess we were pushing her because she stopped in the middle of the isle and bluntly asked us leave her alone and let her do her own shopping. We didn't think it was funny at first but then it turned into a joke. I also remember the night I came home late and the big pine tree had fallen down. The next day when we were cutting it up in the snow we had a snowball fight and used the tree for shelter. I will never for get when you moved to California. Mom was just getting ready to come out there and we went up to the Rendezvous. I was out playing around when someone told me that my dad was in camp. I came running back to camp so fast. There you were waiting under the fly waiting to tell us that you were moving back. That was so exciting it made the rest of the weekend boring.
Dad, Thanks for everything you do for me. I have learned so much from you. Every day it seems I find something that you have shown me how to do, fixed for me, given to me or encouraged me to do on my own. Thanks for all of the good times. I LOVE YOU! Hugs, kisses and spit.
Daddy's little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...