Friday, November 27, 2009

Missing You, Mom

Today started the Christmas decorating. It is so much fun to open and unwrap things that have been put away since last year. Today as I unwrapped I was flooded with memories. It seems that every thing I touched was either something that my mom had given me or had inspired me to have in my own collection. Dishes, paintings, ornaments, statues, books, recipes, most of my Christmas stuff. My mom loved Christmas. We used to spend lots of the month of December getting ready for Christmas. Making Candies, decorating, singing, projects, shopping...the list goes on and on.

Last evening, we attended a beautiful Christmas program. It was a program made up of a lot of music and some wonderful readings. I loved hearing the music and being part of the singing audience participation.

Friday night we took John's mom and dad to see the Christmas lights. They are always good sports about going on funny little outings with us. We had a great time at dinner and then enjoyed seeing lights all over two counties.

All of these are things that my mom would love to do. Dad may just go along for the fun but mom would enjoy them. So this years challenge is 25 memories repeated. Mom would love doing them and so we will do just that. It's time to just do it for fun and memories. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD YOU GUYS WERE ABLE TO JOIN US LAST MINUTE FOR THE CONCERT ! AND GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED IT, DINNER WAS SUPER TOO !

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...