Friday, November 20, 2009

Something Used

Tonight after raking leaves for a few hours I had a great idea. There is a new consignment store in Ogden that I have been trying to get to shop. The problem is every time I go near there they are closed. Well, today was the day. We were just browsing looking for some new chest or shelves to put in the spare room for storage. I am looking to move the extra fridge out but that will require more help than the two of us.

There it was.....

A beautiful waterfall front, cedar lined hope chest. It still had the "Moth insurance" purchased to keep your clothes moth free for at least three years after purchase.

After we found that and picked up the sales tag we kept browsing. There were a lot of neat things in the store. A nice "King Chair" that I want just to have, a cute day bed couch, a Navajo couch.....I found a lot of wish list items.

Then there it was....

Another great find. A old Victorian wash stand. It is in pretty good shape. Visions of a new bathroom sink in an old washstand danced through my head. It may never happen but soon there will be two great new (old) pieces of furniture in my house. If only they could tell us the stories of their past. Like Devin explained while he was wearing a cardigan sweater tonight. Some old man wore that sweater and it was full of stories if only he knew them. Deep thoughts for a teenager. Winter projects are in full swing around the Garcia Casa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...