Sunday, January 10, 2010

C is for Cookie

John makes the best cookies. Today was the day. A few days ago he bought all of the ingredients for cookies but we ran out of time to get them done. Today, football must have not been as good as he hoped. Soon I could hear the mixer and bowls and spoons banging together. Making a trip upstairs this is what I found....


A man on a mission. He wanted Neiman Marcus cookies so badly that he was making them. I teased him a bit and then left him to his cookie making.


Bella helped with the mixing and then she was sent out back to play while dad got the cookies out of the oven and onto a cooling rack.





When they were out of the oven I was invited up again to get a cookie and a glass of milk. Thanks goodness we had milk. It was a terrific treat for today. On my next trip upstairs, the dishes were done and the cookies were all put away. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...