Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Got Milk?

I think the question is "Want Milk?" Today I learned that the hard way. Skyler was awake when I got to his house today. He brought his turtle out to see me and we had a conversation. After a while he said he wanted to eat. This usually means malt-o-meal but not today. Today it meant Cocoa Roo's. We carefully poured cereal into a bowl being careful to not pour too much but with the help of a three year old you need really small bowls for that. I got the milk ready to pour and mid stream was greeted by the hand and fingernails telling me "No Milk". That immediately turned into big tears because the milk was making the cocoa roos yucky. So quickly we rectified the situation. I sat with Skyler and told him we could talk but that hitting was not ok. He kissed my cheek better. That's when it happened.

He sat up and had blood on his face. I said "Skyler, you are bleeding." He said, "M, you bleeding too." Wow I was bleeding. Facial cuts are good bleeders too. I spent the rest of my day in meetings. People were really interested in what happened to my face. They were a little disappointed when it was all over milk and nothing to exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...