Thursday, March 18, 2010

Annual Corned Beef Dinner

When I was a little girl 17th of March was a huge celebration. It was my mom's birthday and yes St. Patricks day too. We always had dinner and green, green, green. As I got older it was still fun to celebrate and always fun to find some thing with clovers or green on it. When my Mom started getting sick and we moved back up North we started having them over to celebrate her Birthday. Lucky for us we live close to both sets of parents.


That was all it took. A tradition was born.

This year the tradition changed a bit. My Dad and Carol are busy moving stuff into their new house. Gene's Mom and Dad said they would come. We invited Gene's brother Vince and his wife Ruth to come to dinner also. We had a great time and enjoyed each others company.

Thanks for a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...