Thursday, April 29, 2010

Makin flat Stanley's


I love Scandinavian pancakes. My husband doesn't understand the joy or nostalgia of them. He likes sliced peaches and cream cheese and powdered sugar on them. In my childhood we called them Scandinavian pancakes because my dad grew up knowing them as Norwegian pancakes and mom grew up knowing them as Swedish pancakes so one of the many marriage induced compromises they became Scandinavian pancakes.

Once I was a grown up I learned a whole new vocabulary about my pancakes. Crepe's, blintz', flat Stanley's. Ok flat Stanley's are just away to make a joke on Saturday morning.


Last Saturday I woke up early and John was sleeping in. I decided to make pancakes. They were so yummy. I have a very special pancake pan.

It only makes pancakes and omelets. I love to eat them with a little butter and a sprinkle of sugar. I did make some with grape jelly and raspberry jelly and whipped cream. Those are good and ok but I do love just plain sugar. NOSTALGIA I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...