Friday, April 23, 2010

The nose knows

The past two days have been very long around our house. You see, today John had nose surgery. There were very technical terms that went along with everything that happened today but for the main part they scraped oooey gooey stuff out of the lower sinuses and opened up the upper sinuses that were full of snot. Don't worry, the last thing he said to me before we left for the hospital was you won't take the camera. There wasn't an option for taking photos. While you are sitting in pre op the nerves get to you and you worry that things will not be like you plan or that something really bad can happen. My mind got away from me. After a long day of waiting we are home again recovering in our own room. I think we are too young for separate beds but for a few weeks I guess that will be the way it works. Him in the chair, me in the bed. Hopefully he won't get to accustom to sleeping with out me bouncing in bed and decide he likes it better. Thanks for all of the calls to check on him. Everything is going well. He can smell and taste again. I guess I had better get busy in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...