Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Projects Dos

So, if you follow frequently you know that a few weeks ago all of the Israelsen sisters got together to assemble quilt tops. Boy were we crazy. Thinking that we would be able to assemble three tops in four day. Well, we learned that it is ok to take some time to make a quilt top. I learned that I don't have what it takes to make a quilt top in one weekend. I also learned that quilting takes time. If you get to tired things don't go right. After being home for a few weeks I decided it was time to look at the rows I brought home with me. Tada!

In less than one hour it was all put together and laying on the floor in my entry way. Now, here I am at the next big step... Do I want to quilt it? It really should be quilted, like the good ole' days. Tiny stitches in cool patterns. Do I want to tie it? I know my attention span even better now than I did three weeks ago. I have tied a quilt before so it isn't over whelming like making the quilt top. How many people do I know that would LOVE to help someone else quilt for an afternoon? Not that many I would guess. Do I really want to PAY someone else to sit with a quilting machine and stitch in my quilt? That would mean they would have the chance to see all of the mistakes, errors, oooooooppppss I made. So after the quilt top was done, I was thinking I needed a hobbie. I thought, perhaps I was going to be maddley in love with quilting so I would want to do it again and again and when I was borred I would have somehting to do. Well, that didn't work out for me. So yesterday I was hanging out with my knitting husband and hands me a crochet hook and yarn and says do this it's easy. After about 100 atempts and three long hours of going around say 30 stitches, I threw it down and said I hate it you knit if you like I don't. John pointed out that I just let yarn get the best of me. Well Sunday morning was more time just hanging out. John points out to me that the reason I had such a hard time yesterday was that I missed a stitch. Oh my HECK. I tried it his way in 10 minutes I was three more rows into the POT HOLDER.


Things learned:
I can't read instructions in english let alone ones in CROCHET.
If I want to succeed I just need some one to tell me I can't. Then I will
Yarn dries my hands out more than winter.
With two of us crafting in yarn I need a second income.
Happy Crocheing

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...