Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dear Mom;

I sure do miss you. It seems that never a day goes by that I don't think of you or use some piece of information that you have taught me to accomplish some task in my day. There are a million questions that I wish I could ask you and have you tell me your opinion. I know when you were here with us you were a great person to ask for an opinion. Even if we didn't see eye to eye on things you would always offer your ideas and explain why you thought that way. I miss having you hear to share new things with, or enjoy old traditions that we still do. It's funny how we used to just do things to do them and now they seem to be things that we did because of you. Some times it's hard to see life change from the way it was with you. I have to remind myself that if you were here we would still be making changes we would just be making them with you. You'll never know how much you influenced our family. YOU were everything. You did such a good job. You never looked for recognition for what you did to make our family the best thing on earth but now that you are not here, we sure can tell what we miss and really how much you did. Even the littlest things that we never realized you were doing while you did them. I often hope that you can keep tabs on us and know what we are doing, what neat things we are involved in, our troubles, our successes. I hope that you can and I also hope that we are doing things the way you would do them if you were here. I love using some of your things that I have acquired. It always makes me think of you when I get to serve dinner in your bowl or when I spend my weekend camping and wear your necklace. I also love to look at my flower gardens. I always think of you. It's always nice when people tell me that I remind them of you. Hopefully some day I will leave a stamp on this life just like you did. It's amazing to me how many people you loved, helped, fed and knew. It seems that every time I make a trip to Hyrum I run into someone who knows you and misses you . Thanks for being my Mom. If only we were able to spend a few more years here together. Someday I guess we'll do a little catching up and then go back to doing things the way we used to. I love you and I'll be seeing you.

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post Mandi. I remember your mom's funeral and being so inspired by her life. She was so amazing and wonderful. I'm sure she's cheering you on! And I totally relate to your noodle post...I can NEVER cook the perfect amount of both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am very much impressed from your blog. please kindly add my newly created blogs, which are as follows:
    http://nptvs.blogspot.com/
    http://np-girl.blogspot.com/
    http://human-health100.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...