Thursday, December 1, 2011

I cry the day I put the tree up


Ok ok.  So if you know the song I hope you are laughing by now.  If not you'll have to look up the forgotten Christmas carols.  Back top my blog!  I cry every year that I put my tree up.  Not all the tears are sad ones just some of them.  I love looking through all of my old decorations.  I have my first grade ornament that I made.  How fun it is to get that out each year.  I have two tree ornaments from my pre kindergarten years that I got from our neighbor boy Clint that I used to play with.  We were the cutest red heads in the neighborhood.  Each year I add an ornament to our tree.  I have ornaments from the first tree I put up many years ago where me and a few of my nieces and nephews spend a whole day threading pop corn onto string to put on the tree.  I don't have the popcorn but I do have the tinsel stars that have grown shorter each year.  They used to wrap around the whole tree but now barely make it across one side.  This year I got a few special ornaments.  My Dad downsized his collection and so he gave me two boxes from my mom's collection.  That's where the tears start.  It's so much fun to get out all of my Christmas collection but every where you turn is memories of my Mom.  That's not bad it just makes me homesick for her. 
The past three years my new ornaments have been in memory of her.  They are not anything unusually just things that remind me of her.  So, usually I don't have a problem with taking the Christmas stuff down on the 26th of December.  I know that's when lots of people cry because its over.  I however, cry when I put the tree up.  Merry Christmas!
This is the best tree decorating helper a girl can ask for.  I guess she got tired of the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...