Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Before and After

So many of you don't know but in our bedroom the only closet was about 3 feet wide and about 4 feet long.  You couldn't walk into it broadside because it was too narrow.  A few weeks ago a friend of ours came to look at the idea we had about making the closet bigger.  After about ten minutes of looking he said it was a very doable project and would only take a week. 
This is the nook we got rid of to make the closet bigger.
This is the tiny closet. 
We went to work.  I found a place for all of the items in the nook.  This was an overwhelming project but we made it through.

Here is day two of the remodel.
The new wall and cupboard space

The old wall coming down.
In only a short 6 days including the weekend we were back in buisness.  We got to move our clothes off of the floor in the spare room.  Despite a few set backs and some disagreements on where or how things should go we made it.  Tonight I put in the new light for the nook.  I have to admit I was a little nervous when I killed the power to this light and started undoing what had just been done.  It took me a second to find the "bare" wire but I got it and hooked the rest right up.  In all it took me about 15 minutes.
My light


Wall number one in the new closet.  See the whole bare wall?  That used to be all of our closet.

wall two.  Upper shelf

Wall two lower shelf and shoes.  Bella just can't stay out of the photo.
There is still a bare wall right there also.  See the box?  That is the next light to put in.  If  I could have figures out how to reach the 10' ceiling tonight and not wake John up you can bet this would be in the ceiling and the box in the garbage going out.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ładny blog i szafa super!
    Pozdrowienia z Polski

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...