Friday, March 16, 2012

Will you still need me, will you still feed me


When I'm 74.  Happy Birthday Mom.  I heard this song today and it made me think of you.  I would still feed you, love you and need you.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you.  You have left this world with a great legacy.  Your children and grand children and great grand children are doing a great job at keeping this world on it's toes.  Every day there are glimpses of you in things all around.  In my front garden are your bird houses.  In my front room there are your angels, your family history book, photos and your hymn book.  In my dinning room I have your bowls, your deacon's bench, and your art work.  In the kitchen I have mixing bowls and I have your ability to store food. We could eat for weeks just out of the cupboards. The marble slab you gave me and the pressure cooker you bought me have been put to good use.  In my bed room I have a little tea cup that you put your rings in.  Each night I see it and think of you as I drift to sleep.  If only I can amount to 1/3 the woman you were.  That would make me great.  Happy Birthday Mom I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...