Sunday, September 13, 2009

By the light of the moon

Thursday night we went for a very long drive. We took Nash out to work in Vernal. The going out was not the bad part. Coming home seemed to go on for ever. On our way out we all visited and kept each other company. On the way home the two of us talked for a long time but a 3 hour drive is a long time. As were leaving Vernal the moon was in quarter form. Most of you have seen a have moon or even a sliver of a moon. This was a quarter of a moon. I tried to get a picture but the street lights made it impossible. Coming out of Duchesne I needed to go to the bathroom. I told John he would have to stop for me, but I didn't want a rest stop. He said it was ok and pulled off of the side of the road into a "view point". He turned out the lights got out of the car and shut the door so the lights inside would go off. I was going to wait for him but then decided that I couldn't wait any longer. I too stepped out of the car but when I was going to shut the door so the lights went out I decided that I didn't want to be out in the dark here so I kept my door open. We finished up what needed to be done and got back in the car. John still can't figure out why I insisted on leaving the lights on. Every one could have seen me. Except that at 2:00am no one but the man in the moon is out to see you.

1 comment:

  1. you should have stopped. We would have made you a bed and made you yummy food. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...