Wednesday, September 9, 2009

That's what friends are for

This weekend we went camping. There was a rendezvous held at Fort Beunaventura. It was a lot of fun. Last year at this same rendezvous I was caught with a tiny doll in my camp that one lady wanted to know if it was mine, how much it weighed, what it ate, what its name was...Not knowing what to say, I started making things up. Well, that was not the thing to do because she thought I was serious and it just kept going. She brought her dolls over to met my "baby". They had a bit of a conversation and shook hands. It kind of freaked me out and I swore if I ever had a girl child she would not be allowed to play with dolls.

This year two of the women that camped by us thought it would be funny to by me my own baby, "Tiny Tatonka". She is 4 months old, weighs 2 ounces, is 4 inches long, has really long hair, two braids to be exact,has a beany bottom, yes she takes after her father. The kids in camp thought this was the funniest thing. The little girls in camp were very interested in why she didn't have a bed, blanket, more than one pair of clothes. Well that brought on a whole new party to add to rendezvous. They held a baby shower in honor of Tiny Tatonka. There were a bunch of people gathered under our fly and here they came. Gifts in hand, a plate of treats, and big grins on their faces.

Baby Tatonka got the cutest crocheted blanket, a bunch of diapers, a necklace, a pillow, a doll, and the best a twinkie bed. The little girls took great care of her through the weekend. I only lost her one time. She was not really lost Tenley just picked her up to play with the other doll out in the yard. Here is our first family photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...