Monday, September 21, 2009

I love you the mostest

There are a lot of things that happen daily that point out how much we love each other, If one of us tells the other I love you, the other replies with I love you more, then it's up to the first to find something to love the other the "mostest" about. This weekend John took the cake. Sklyer had been down camping with us. He had waited all day for a fire. That is the best part of camping. After a few dances at the ball we headed back to camp. Skyler was sitting on my lap by the fire on Saturday night. It was thundering and lightning and beginning to rain. Skyler and I were so comfortable that going in to get a blanket to snuggle was out of the question. 'Ampa saved the day and brought out the blank and the guitar. Skylers eyes got big and he whispered to me that 'Ampa was going to play for us. He snuggled back into the blanket and listened to grandpa sing. We watched lightning for a while and slipped soundly into never never land. After getting Skyler to bed the grownups sat around the fire for a bit longer. A few other folks came around and visited with us. After shutting down the camp and getting things buttoned up to head into bed I took a trip "around back" while John headed into bed. When I came to bed my pj's and my warm socks were waiting there for me with a head lamp and my book. What a thoughtful husband I have. There is nothing better than going in to get ready for bed and not having to do anything to be able to crawl under the buffalo to snuggle. Thanks honey, I love you MORE.

2 comments:

  1. way better than going in and seein him passed out half naked and half baked!! silly old men trying to be 30 something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha yeah josh is so right.

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...