Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

Thank goodness the Gillies came by on Sunday afternoon.  We had buffalo wings, Carmel pop corn, street tacos, chips and a great game.  We didn't really need to watch the game because we knew who was going to win.  The commercials were good.  Half time was a great time for Lori and I to go through the cook book and plan ahead for the next meals we had to cook.  In the last few minutes of the game I found the "men" sleeping and not even knowing what was going on.  I say that because I ran into the front room when I heard the Giants get ahead to flaunt my victory and found them asleep and unaware that I was about to win dinner out. 
It was a good day and nothing beats having family stop by for a Sunday visit.  I am reminded of my childhood when my parents would hurry home from church to make rounds to the married kids houses to visit or make treats so the married kids could come for dinner.  Oh, how I loved those Sunday afternoon visits.  FAMILY isn't it about time? 

1 comment:

  1. Like your blog, I'm following you now :) Feel free to check out mine!

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...