Monday, February 23, 2009

Thank goodness for good sports

Today starts National Pancake Week. I was planing the menu and decided it would be a great idea to have pancakes today to start our week of celebrating pancakes off right. Elliot and John were great sports about it also. John came in the kitchen to finish the baccon he was cooking and rolled his eyes and snickered at my HEART shaped pancakes. When Elliot came up to eat he told Elliot he would have to eat heart pancakes because there were no round ones. Elliot agreed and we sat down to dinner. I asked Elliot if he remembered asking for pale face pancakes. He didn't remember that but when he was small he would ask for the "perfect pale face" That was a light colored pancake. He didn't remember but he did admit to liking light pancakes and told us that his mom always told him if he didn't like the color of herpancakes he should try the pancakes her aunt makes. :0) It was a perfect dinner. One of my favorites. I tried to get a picture of the pancakes with the men but they were not into having a photo holding the pancakes. I guess I will have to settle with the memory of eating "HEART" pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...