Thursday, February 12, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission...

Sunday we got to wake up extra early and travel for two hours, in our Sunday best to be able to listen to my Aunt LaRue and Uncle Ron speak in Sacrament meeting. They got to speak in church before they depart into the Mission field for at least 1 year. OK, so we already know they will be gone for 1 & 1/2 years. They told us that they had already extended their one year call to 1&1/2. We all knew that would happen because that's what history has taught us. History does repeat itself.
It was an enjoyable meeting. Over half of the congregation was related. It was like a family reunion. My dad was especially happy because three of his children that don't attend "regularly" were there with him. It was just like old times. We took up a long pew.
After the meeting we headed out to Bailey Creek to do nothing else than what we do best....PARTY. PARTY:A gathering with close friends and family where the house is so loud you can not hear yourself think. There is always a lot of good food. If you leave hungry it is your own fault. We got to visit with friends and family that we have not seen in a lot of years. Well at least not since the last Mission Uncle Ron and Aunt LaRue went on.
I have to give you a little history on Aunt LaRue. She is my mom's twin sister. We were always told not just twin sister but Mirror Image Twin. One day we were visiting in Soda and my mom and aunt had been in her bedroom. I walked into the bathroom looked up and only saw one "mom" but I wasn't sure if it was "mom" or "aunt". SO I asked "Are you my mother?" Aunt LaRues house was always a great place to go and visit. There was always some adventure waiting to be had. Now going back as a grown up has a different meaning. Not so much an adventure but a nice place to visit and remember the past and make new memories.
Sunday was no different. We visited and enjoyed our time spent there. We will miss them while they are gone but will be awaiting their return so we can yet again journey to Idaho and visit with them. (I just hope when they return their church doesn't start at 9:00am) :)Love you two. Be safe and may God be with you till we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. What a darling post Mandi! Sunday really was so fun. It's going to be wierd without them, but exciting to hear all about their mission. I love the "are you my mother" story...how darling! I also love the pictures you got. It was so fun to see you and now to read your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...