Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Two Dads

I have been blessed with TWO terrific dads. Ok, one got to choose to have me. The other just kind of ended up with me because his son chose to marry me. Any how, the past week I have been answering all kinds of questions for both dads. I love it. It all started when last week nearing up to the mountain man meeting my dad G started calling to see if we were going and what the meeting was about. He was unable to attend but called on Sunday to see how things went. He also asked if we could do lunch on Monday. I won't turn down a lunch date. Saturday morning the comic Red and Rover came out. It was all about eating broccoli. This provoked a call to dad A. He hates broccoli and I have to tease him about it at any chance I get. He talked to me for a bit and then told me "see ya later". That made is son really mad because he never says bye, he just hangs up when he is done talking. Then on Monday Dad A called to have me check on his rebate. The rest of the week has been full of my two DADs calling to check up on Gene and to see if they need to help out in any way. It's great to know they are there and will help out if they are needed. I get to be the lucky one because Gene has not wanted to talk on the phone much this week, so I get to. I count myself as lucky that I got The BEST in- laws. They are always there. Even in the bad times they are willing to listen. I am so LUCKY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...