Saturday, February 7, 2009

I hate shopping...

I decided today as I put the same dress on for the 14th time that I HATE SHOPPING!! I know HATE is a strong word but I think I would rather go to the dentist before going to the store. I don't really care what store it is. I don't like it. I think the way to shop is to use the store like a zoo. I would just like to sit at the front of it and watch others come and go. You can find the most interesting people in stores.
While I was in the dressing room at a clothing store, John was doing a great job at finding other things for me to try on. You see, he's used to it. I hate clothes shopping. He has learned that if he gets me in the dressing room and then brings me more stuff to put on I may find something to buy. If I have to walk through all of those clothes I get over whelmed and I leave. Anyway, back to the original story...I guess the sales lady didn't know I was still in the dressing room. She was wondering where all of the dresses I was trying on were going. She sent her co-worker to keep an eye on John to make sure we weren't stealing all of the dresses. I guess maybe we looked like we were trying to create a diversion so we could steal the clothes. Then to complicate matters, the cashier forgot to take the "Alarm Tags" off of someone Else's purchase so as they left the alarm went off the sales associates standing at the back of the store drew straws to see who would have to follow the shoppers out. Meanwhile the HONEST shopper was making her way back into the store to find out why the alarm was going off.
Next we went to Target. A lady wanted to buy the rug that was on the floor as part of the display. There were two chairs and a plant on it so it looked like a foe room. Instead of just moving the damn items off of the rug and putting the rug in her basket she made a huge deal about not having one in stock and needing a sales associate to help her move the stuff off of the rug and help to put it in her basket. Really, maybe you should be buying carpet somewhere they can bring it to your house and install it also. I wonder how she will get it in her house?
Our best store of the day was TJ Maxx. It was fun. Lots to look at and many interesting people. Enough of shopping I guess. We got some great stuff and we also got to take a few things off of the "to do" list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...