Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gotta Lovett and Hiatt

We had a great night with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt. Thanks to Kigsbury Hall for bringing in some great performers. They put on a great show and used a lot of dry wit and humor. Some folks didn't find it at all funny but I was thoroughly entertained. Two and a half hours of great music. No intermission, WOW when I grow up I want to be able to do that. I didn't have many expectations for this show because how can one go wrong with two great entertainers. I was holding out for two of my favorite songs, one came early in the night and thanks to the encore I got the other. John has some amazing guitar skills. Lyle has one of the most amazing voices. It would make the hall ring. Stories about their past made you become "part of the family" Being in a great venue helped to make it seem as though you were right there being part of the show. Both of them are releasing new albums in the next few months. I will be standing in line for both. Thanks honey for the "great date!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...