Thursday, October 1, 2009

One Toe, Two Toe, Red Toe Brown Toe

So today I had my ingrown toe nail pulled out. I am not to fond of this toe as it has been ingrowing for about 16 years. For all of those years I have just used nail clippers and pulled really hard. Sometimes it bleeds, always hurts, but only for a bit and then I am ok for a few weeks. A few weeks ago, while we were camping I stubbed my toe on our big box. It made me say bad words and I couldn't stand to put my foot under the covers so I came home and made an appointment withe the podiatrist. Greg came down to take me to the doctor because they told me I may not want to drive depending on the sevirity of the toe. He numbed me up and then went to see other patients. When he came back and started digging I flinched, he put my foot back to sleep and continued. Finished and showed me the "tree" he pulled out of my foot. When we got home Bella and Rex were really interested in my foot. Bella thinks she is supossed to lick it over and over. It hurts like crazy. Doc said "keep it higher than your heart" I guess he thinks it is possoble for me to lay down and stay there all day. I can't it sucks to be in bed. So I did stand for a while but it only makes it hurt more. So now here I am in bed, blogging, facebooking and watching one of my favorite TV shows "Ghost" Hoping that when I wake it feels like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...