Thursday, August 13, 2009

I hate pine trees

Pine trees are not my favorite. I hate that the sap gets every where. I hate that the needles fall out and they are not rake able until there are at least three inches of them. I hate that they take all of the water out of that side of the grass. I hate that the grass won't grow under them. I hate that they grow very fast, or so it seems. Just chopped of lots of limbs a year ago and they are already back. I hate that when the wind blows the branches make creepy noises on the window. I hate that the cat can climb up the tree really high but can't climb down it. I hate that the roots come through my grass, side walk and clear into places at least 10 feet from the tree.

Why after that whole list was I so excited about the tree when we bought this home?

That's because it reminded me of the trees that used to be in front of my parents. I thought about climbing to the tall branches and looking out seeing the whole world. I remember having a house under the branches. We used the fallen needles as carpet and would pile them in rows to designate the different rooms. I loved to Tonka truck under the trees. The trees grew so tall that I could climb out of my bedroom window and climb down the tree. They were great shade in the summer and when winter hit they helped make the biggest snow piles ever. We always had a "boat" to float down the ditch because there was a never ending supply of cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...