Monday, August 10, 2009

HOPE


At the end of July I participated in Relay for Life. Our team was great. We raised a bunch of money to do more cancer research with. We had a great time staying up all night and walking around the track at Syracuse High. The photo above is luminaries that spell out the work HOPE. It was so neat to see and gave me chills.( sorry the photos does not give it justice)
The first lap of the event was walked by cancer survivors. It was amazing and tear jerking. How neat it was to watch real people who have survived this horrible disease walk around a lap. There was not a dry eye in the place. Lola was particularly cute. She was so small and made it around.
I hope some day there is a cure for cancer. If I had one wish I could make I would wish that my mom survived and was able to grow old with me. I miss you mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...